Mold Solutions NW Blog Articles Written by Peter Kakoczky
“Mold is Dangerous”…True or False?
Do You Need to Call a Seattle Mold Inspector?
Do you know what mold looks like?
Do you know all of its hiding places?
Do you recognize its odor?
Do you know how to safely treat it?
Do you understand how dangerous it can be?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then there is probably no need for you to call a mold inspector.
But just keep in mind, mold is often hard to see, can be dangerous to your health, won’t go away if left untreated, and can be difficult to remediate without the proper knowledge and tools.
Hire a Mold Inspector when…
- You have had a flood or water damage…you only have 24 hours after the damage has been caused before mold begins growing
- You smell a musty odor that you can’t find where it’s coming from, and no amount of cleaning makes it go away
- You’re going to purchase a home, new or used
- Even new construction can have mold growth
- You have a leak that has been active for 24 hours or more
- You notice water stains on your walls and ceilings
- Your paint is bubbling up or your wallpaper is discolored
- Your foundation is cracked or there is seepage into your basement or crawl space
Mold Inspection Companies
Hiring a mold inspector can save you time and money.
Time because they know where to look, and Money because they will let you know if cleaning up the mold is something you can do.
If your mold problem requires professional remediation, they know how to do the job safely by isolating the affected area tp prevent mold spores from spreading to other areas, and by proper removal of damaged materials and thorough cleanup once the job is done.
They also know how to do the job effectively, by applying an anti-microbial to prevent the return of mold.
At Mold Solutions NW, we are so confident of our treatment, we offer a 10 year warranty.
Does Your Home Exhibit Signs of Mold Growth?
Like many people, you may have mold growing in your home and not recognize the signs that it has become an unwanted resident, or as they used to say in the “old west”, it’s squatting on your property.
The problem is, by not being aware of, or ignoring the signs of mold growth, you open the door of destruction. Active, growing mold will destroy walls, wood, upholstery, carpets and worst of all, it can destroy your health.
Although not everyone’s health is affected by mold, it has been known to cause everything from allergy symptoms to rashes to extreme respiratory problems.
Recognize signs of mold
- You can’t always see mold, it could be hidden inside your walls or behind your wallpaper, but you may be able to smell it.
- Maybe you have noticed as you move from one area of your home to another, certain places have an earthy or musty smell, and even after cleaning the area the smell doesn’t go away.
- When mold is visible, it may look like black spots on your walls, or it could be white and fibrous looking, or sometimes a grayish brown.
- If you have wall paper, it may look like pink, orange or purple discolored spots.
- If you can see the mold, that also means there could could be larger colonies growing out of your sight.
- If you or someone else in your home are experiencing health issues that are unexplainable or seemingly untreatable, you may be feeling the effects of mold growth. It’s important to note, that your symptoms seem to go away and you feel better when you are away from home. Such symptoms as:
- Chronic headaches
- Sore throats
- Cold-like symptoms
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rashes
- Trouble with your memory or concentration
- Signs of water damage, such as water stains, that may have been caused from leaky pipes, or peeling paint, condensation, flooding or even a leaky roof.
If you recognize any of these signs of mold growing in your home, remember how destructive it can be to your health and your home. Hire a professional to come and assess the situation, and remediate it in a safe and thorough way.