Mold is Dangerous

¬†Mold is Dangerous…True or False?

Mold is Dangerous - Mold Solutions NWA couple of online forums have people asking about the dangers of mold, and it’s very interesting to see all the different answers that are given.

Keep in mind, none of these answers come from professionals, but some get it right and some are really far off base. Their answers range from:

  • People tend to make too big a deal about mold – wrong answer
  • Mold is not always visible – right answer
    • Mold can be growing behind your walls in your crawl spaces or in your attic
  • Mold is not dangerous, it’s part of life – right and wrong answer
    • Mold is a natural part of life
    • It has been proven that black mold can be very dangerous to your health
  • Mold is airborne which means you can inhale it – right answer
  • You can easily clean up mold with water and bleach – wrong answer
    • Bleach is mostly just water, mold loves water…so unless it’s surface mold, bleach is not a good treatment
  • Not all molds are toxic – right answer
  • Exposure to toxic mold can cause respiratory problems, fevers, headaches and chronic fatigue – right answer
  • Molds are usually not a problem indoors – wrong answer
    • That is just the reverse of the truth; growing outdoors, mold is usually not a problem

Who do you trust?

It seems to me that if you think you have a mold problem in your home or business, forums comprised of non-professionals might not be the best place to get information.

Toxic mold can be extremely dangerous to your health…if I thought my home had mold issues, I would want to talk to someone who is trained and certified in mold detection, remediation and prevention.



 

At Mold Solutions NW we know what we are doing…Give us a call