Mold in Your Home
Mold has plagued people down through the ages, you can even read about how to properly handle mold in the Book of Leviticus in the Bible.
Because, unlike plants, mold (which is a fungus) does not make its own food, it depends on organic materials to sustain itself and grow. It’s sole purpose is to help dead bugs, trees, and leaves to decompose. Can you imagine a world where mold isn’t doing its job…it would be covered with all kinds of dead stuff that hasn’t been broken down and returned to its natural state in the environment.
So as long as mold is outside, doing what it’s intended to do, everything is fine. But the minute mold spores enter our homes, and it does every time a window or door is opened, it begins to grow and destroy the things we don’t want it to, like our walls, ceilings, draperies, paint, wallpaper, carpets, and because it can be toxic, our health.
One of the easiest places for mold to get started is in your bathroom where it will often find excess humidity, dampness and plenty of organic material to feed on.
If mold needs organic material to feed on, why do you find it growing on non organics like bathroom tile, windows or mirrors? Because, if a non porous surface is not cleaned regularly, oils can build up on them, which mold can feed off of.
Surfaces such as these can be easily cleaned with disinfectants, and if your bathroom has a tendency for mold growth, frequent cleaning is a must. If it’s not cleaned off immediately, because it grows so fast, mold can move to walls, ceilings and flooring where real damage will begin.
If you find mold growing on the walls and ceilings in your bathroom, there is probably a deeper problem that needs to be addressed, and this type of mold growth will need stronger measures than a disinfectant to remove it permanently.
Contact us if you think you have a mold problem – we know what to look for, where to find it, and what to do when its found.
Do you know what mold looks like?
Do you know all of its hiding places?
Do you recognize its odor?
Do you know how to safely treat it?
Do you understand how dangerous it can be?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then there is probably no need for you to call a mold inspector.
But just keep in mind, mold is often hard to see, can be dangerous to your health, won’t go away if left untreated, and can be difficult to remediate without the proper knowledge and tools.
Hiring a mold inspector can save you time and money.
Time because they know where to look, and Money because they will let you know if cleaning up the mold is something you can do.
If your mold problem requires professional remediation, they know how to do the job safely by isolating the affected area tp prevent mold spores from spreading to other areas, and by proper removal of damaged materials and thorough cleanup once the job is done.
They also know how to do the job effectively, by applying an anti-microbial to prevent the return of mold.
At Mold Solutions NW, we are so confident of our treatment, we offer a 10 year warranty.