Blog Articles About 06


How Long Does It Take for Mold to Grow?

Mold is dangerous because it can cause allergic reactions, irritation of the eyes and skin, and in serious cases, even death. It’s important to get rid of mold as soon as you see it because if left untreated, mold can spread quickly. The longer you wait to treat a mold problem the more likely it will be that you have to replace your home’s carpeting or flooring.

Mold also causes damage to walls and other structures. It can weaken walls and cause them to crack, and it can eat away at wood floors. If you have a mold problem in your home, you should contact a professional immediately for help.

Because mold is both damaging and dangerous to property and people, it’s important to pay attention to any evidence that it might be growing in your office or home.

How Long Does It Take for Mold to Grow?

As a general rule, mold will start to grow within 24 hours of humidity being introduced into the air. When it comes to water damage restoration, time is of the essence. If you wait too long before calling a professional for help, the mold and mildew may spread beyond repair.

Mold spores can spread rapidly and easily through the air, and they can survive practically anywhere. They are especially common in areas where there is a lot of moisture or humidity, such as bathrooms and basements. Mold spores can also be found in some foods, like peanuts or peanut butter.

Mold can start spreading almost immediately and quickly develops a strong colony. A few spores are all that is needed – in the right conditions mold can spread as you watch!

As such, it does not take much time for mold to grow and spread. Mold is a serious health hazard, and if you have mold growing in your home, it should be dealt with immediately.

Inside homes, mold spores are found in dust, on counter tops and in the air.

Mold can grow on almost any surface indoors, including drywall, carpeting, wallpaper or wood surfaces. It is important to eliminate indoor mold growth because it can cause health problems for people who breathe its spores.

If you have a moisture problem in your home that has caused mold growth, it is important to clean up the mold and fix the moisture problem as soon as possible.

Too much water is the culprit

Water damage comes in many shapes and forms, from flooding to leaks in pipes to too much humidity in the air.

It doesn’t take large amounts of moisture to cause water damage; accumulation of condensation on windows or an undetected drip from an under counter pipe is all that’s necessary. The perfect environment for mold growth has been created.

Mold grows fast

Once water damage has occurred, there is a small window of time, 24-48 hours, before mold will begin to grow, and once it begins it spreads quickly.

As you can see from this brief time lapse video of a 2 week time span, mold grows rapidly once it begins.

Should I Remove Mold Myself or Call a Professional?

If you believe you can remove the mold yourself, it is important to realize that there is a risk of contamination. While the use of a HEPA vacuum may help reduce this risk, you will still likely have exposure to mold spores when removing the mold and cleaning up.

Mold removal professionals have the tools and resources required to evaluate a mold problem and take the necessary steps towards solving it. Therefore, while doing it yourself may seem like the logical thing to do, you should always consider enlisting professional help.

For this reason, we recommend hiring professionals for most types of cleanup. If your situation is especially dangerous, such as if you experience symptoms (heart palpitations or breathing issues), call 911 immediately. Do not risk your safety because of personal bias towards trying something yourself. It’s always best to leave it to the pros!

What Happens If I Don’t Remove Mold?

If left untreated, mold can cause a variety of health problems. Fungi including mold release mycotoxins which are dangerous to humans and pets. Common symptoms that come from exposure to toxic molds include headaches, fatigue, respiratory issues, skin irritation and blisters.

When is the right time to remove mold?

If you’ve discovered water damage from a leak or flood in your home, get in touch with us right away. Usually these issues are not left unattended for long periods of time as it can result in further damage due to humidity and bacteria. In most cases, if you find water leaking anywhere including around plumbing fixtures like sinks or toilets, then there may be some dampness that results.

To make sure your walls don’t start growing mold and mildew too quickly, have the moisture removed immediately by installing a dehumidifier. This device will help pull any excess moisture out of the air so mold doesn’t gather and grow on those surfaces as well!

A dehumidifier is an easy way to prevent additional damage when repairs are being made. Preventing more than just damaging walls – did you know that molds also can cause respiratory problems for children who suffer from asthma? Make sure you stay safe inside your own home – contact us today!

How does mold grow indoors?

Mold grows indoors when there is water damage, leaks or a roof leak. Mold spores are everywhere and can grow in any damp area. The mold needs warm, wet conditions to grow. These conditions are often found inside homes because of plumbing leaks or condensation from air conditioning units that drip into walls and ceilings. Mold needs moisture to grow, and it can grow on almost any surface.

How do I know if I have mold in my house?

Mold can be seen with the naked eye, but you may not always see it right away. Mold often starts out as a small spot that slowly grows over time. You might notice a musty odor or find discolored areas of paint, wallpaper or carpeting. You might also see stains on your walls or ceilings where water has leaked through the roof. If you see any of these signs, you might have mold in your home.