“Mold is Dangerous”…True or False?
Do you know what mold looks like?
Do you know all of its hiding places?
Do you recognize its odor?
Do you know how to safely treat it?
Do you understand how dangerous it can be?
If you can answer yes to all these questions, then there is probably no need for you to call a mold inspector.
But just keep in mind, mold is often hard to see, can be dangerous to your health, won’t go away if left untreated, and can be difficult to remediate without the proper knowledge and tools.
Hiring a mold inspector can save you time and money.
Time because they know where to look, and Money because they will let you know if cleaning up the mold is something you can do.
If your mold problem requires professional remediation, they know how to do the job safely by isolating the affected area tp prevent mold spores from spreading to other areas, and by proper removal of damaged materials and thorough cleanup once the job is done.
They also know how to do the job effectively, by applying an anti-microbial to prevent the return of mold.
At Mold Solutions NW, we are so confident of our treatment, we offer a 10 year warranty.
Like many people, you may have mold growing in your home and not recognize the signs that it has become an unwanted resident, or as they used to say in the “old west”, it’s squatting on your property.
The problem is, by not being aware of, or ignoring the signs of mold growth, you open the door of destruction. Active, growing mold will destroy walls, wood, upholstery, carpets and worst of all, it can destroy your health.
Although not everyone’s health is affected by mold, it has been known to cause everything from allergy symptoms to rashes to extreme respiratory problems.
If you recognize any of these signs of mold growing in your home, remember how destructive it can be to your health and your home. Hire a professional to come and assess the situation, and remediate it in a safe and thorough way.
We all experience a little mold every now and then, mainly on food that has been left too long in the refrigerator. But, unless you eat it (who would?), that isn’t the mold that can be dangerous to our health.
It’s the mold growing under your sink, in your attic or crawl space, hidden in dust or maybe out of sight within your walls, that can cause you harm.
Mold lives on organic materials such as paper, fabric or wood. These materials, along with moisture and a cool, humid temperature provide everything mold needs to live, grow and reproduce.
Mold is a natural part of our environment, and has an important job to do…outside, where it breaks down and helps dead things, such as leaves and wood decompose. If it would remain outside, there would be no danger.
The problem occurs when the mold begins to reproduce and send off microscopic spores into the air. These spores enter our homes and other buildings whenever we open a door or a window and whenever we or our pets enter. There is really no way to keep them out, which is not a problem unless they find the conditions we have spoken of above to start living, growing and reproducing.
Aside from the fact that mold will destroy walls, clothing, furniture and carpet if left unremediated, mold can be dangerous to your health. It doesn’t affect everyone the same, but some people are at great risk from mold exposure.
Although, infrequently, mold can be absorbed through the skin, but typically, mold spores enter our bodies as we breathe. They find their way into the warm, moist areas of our nasal passages, our lungs and other areas of our respiratory system, causing such symptoms as:
The very young, the elderly and those already suffering with respiratory or autoimmune problems are at the highest risk.
Unexplained illness, musty smells or or stains on walls or ceilings can be clues that you might have a mold problem.
If you have any reason to believe you have mold growing in your home, remember how dangerous it can be to your health, and hire professionals to come and assess the situation, and remediate it in a safe and thorough way.